To complete a successful tenancy you need to ensure you are doing the following:
- paying your rent on time
- keeping lawns and gardens tidy
- keeping no rubbish or old furniture out the front of your property
- watering your lawns and gardens
- reporting all maintenance when it arises
- ensuring your kids are not drawing or damaging walls, floors, blinds etc
- paying your water usage charges on time
- keeping animals outside and keeping yard clean of animal faeces
These are just some of the items you need to complete, to help ensure a successful tenancy. If you don't follow the steps to a good tenancy, you may find it difficult to rent another property and lose your good record, it is very hard to come back from a bad tenancy rating, think of it just like a bad debt history.
Another note, if you pay your rent on time every week, this can go towards a savings record for when you are ready to purchase your first home with some lenders.
Any more information or questions, feel free to contact us.